Allah said in Surah Al-Humazah (The Slanderer) :
1. Woe to every slanderer and backbiter.
2. Who has gathered wealth and counted it,
3. He thinks that his wealth will make him last forever!
4. Nay! Verily, he will be thrown into the crushing Fire.
5. And what will make you know what the crushing Fire is?
6. The fire of Allah, kindled,
7. Which leaps up over the hearts,
8. Verily, it shall be closed in on them,
9. In pillars stretched forth (i.e. they will be punished in the Fire with pillars, etc.)
Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudree (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
“When the Son of Adam wakes from his sleep, all of his body parts seek refuge from his tongue, saying: ‘Fear Allah with regard to us, for indeed we are part of you. So if you are upright, then we will be upright and if you are corrupt, then we shall be corrupt.”
Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri RA meriwayatkan bahwa Nabi Shallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam bersabda:
“Ketika anak Adam bangun dari tidurnya, setiap bagian tubuhnya memohon perlindungan kepada lidahnya, berkata: “Takutlah kepada Allah tentang kami karena sesungguhnya kami adalah bagian darimu. Maka apabila engkau lurus maka luruslah kami, dan jika engkau rusak maka rosaklah kami.”